This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Filling the Pots

I'd never made lip balm before, so I gathered all the ingredients.  I used a recipe from Amanda Soule's blog, Soule Mama.  I even bought a stick of natural lipstick, lipstick is something I never buy, but I did want some color.  When completely cooled, the lip balm was harder than I thought it would be--perhaps I used too much beeswax?, as it was hard for me to tell if I was using 3 tablespoons since it was in one solid chunk.  It does work though and it made up more than I had pots for!   

2 comments:

Kris Greco said...

Sue, The eucalyptus pods are so cool! I love the way you see things. I want to come and play at your house.

Susan Beauchemin said...

Today would be a great day for that--it feels like a magic day--we had rain in the night, but it's sunny with some strong and cool playful winds--plus I saw two kingfishers chasing each other over the bay--(it's not that often I see the one that lives around here, let alone two!) Come on over!