This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Healthy Snack (Helfee Sak)

About 5 or 6 years ago, my granddaughter made me a list of healthy snacks (helfee sak)  I had that list taped to my kitchen wall till it faded and yellowed, but I still couldn't throw it away, so I enlarged it and painted it on my wall.

Healthy snacks, carrots and ranch, crackers and cheese, bananas, ants on a log, fruits

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sculpture of a Towel

This is my new favorite sculpture--I don't know who the artist is, but it sits up at Camp Ocean Pines in Cambria, CA, right outside the rest rooms.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Olive Oyl

My idea of a home improvement project--to paint Olive Oyl on my olive oil.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Birthday Art

Both pieces were painted by my sister, Martha Miller and sent to me for my birthday!  The painting is done after the artist, Kokoschka II.  This as his version of Adam and Eve

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pacific Dance's Production of Frozen

My granddaughter as the Duke of Weselton, and dancing as a wolf and a troll.

A few blurry photos of the Frozen production---turned out to be a great show!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Wolf Gloves and Styling Wigs

Wolf gloves with cardboard nails and some of the hair cut from the gray wig hot glued on.

I'm trying to style some wigs for the Duke of Weselton--I tried to paint the one on the right gray, but it still looks brown--the other gray one in curlers is such a mess---I'm trying--not easy.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Duke of Weselton

We're getting ready for an upcoming production of Frozen--My granddaughter will be the Duke of Weselton, and she'll be dancing as a wolf and a troll.

An Enlarged Grid Project

My granddaughter's Girl scout troop earned their art badge creating an enlarged grid of Juliette Gordon Low--the founder of Girl Scouts.  They used charcoal pencil, charcoal--vine and compressed, black oil pastel, and black watercolor paint.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

6th Yarn Basket

What can I say--these are great for using up old random skeins of yarn.

I double the yarn for thickness.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Finished Dancer Drawing

A commissioned drawing finished and framed.

This is going to the same family as this one.  I do hope they'll look good together.
Color pencils and chalk pastels on Bristol paper, 13"x 19" frame

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


Can't help myself and my yarn isn't used up yet, so...another yarn basket--why not?

and I've started another.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Hat?

These would make great Cat in the Hat type hats--I'll keep this in mind for some future costume--and they're comfortable and warm.

Another one finished and my yarn isn't used up yet.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

More Yarn Baskets

I want to make more of these.

A Year End of Pictures For 2014

My sister's painted rocks

Halloween and our first rain in a very long time.

 A visit to Steep Ravine cabins

 My yarn baskets make great hats

Dance performances...

Nightmare Before Christmas...

My granddaughter as Dr. Finklestein...

beautiful clouds

My grandson's first Christmas...

A visit to Hearst Castle at Christmas.

Monday, December 1, 2014

A Yarn Basket

I crocheted a yarn basket using up some inexpensive acrylic yarn that I've been holding onto.  This worked up fast--so much faster than a pine needle basket, (but I haven't given up on making pine needle baskets).   I'm using this as my clean rag bag.