This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Avocado Leaves and Buds

Maybe this season we'll actually grow some avocados! I hope so. I'm working on a few things--scroll down to see how I frame my paintings.
Watercolor, 7"x 7"
NFS



These will be going into a show at the dance studio where my granddaughter takes lessons.

I'm painting two natal charts--you'll see their progression...


The marionette is strung! His name is Uni, (pronounced Unee) I love his big dirty sock nose.

The winter's light has been replaced. The spring's early morning light catches this trunk and this bouncy ball. Your basic primary color scheme.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I envy your ability to capture light like you do. Love the Uni!

The framed pieces look Fabulous dahling, just Fabulous!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Why thank you Sheila deear!

Hazardgal said...

Don't you love "found art", stumbling onto perfect masterpieces of color and form... I love traffic lights reflecting onto a rainy road. You have a great eye!

Ron Morrison said...

You do fabulous work!

martha miller said...

beautiful painting! the light is amazing in this one! and love the unicorn with the dirty nose - looks like she's been snuffing around in the dirt...cute!
your framed pics are gorgeous!
xo

Tracey Miller said...

Oooh, the natal charts! I'm excited to see them develop. Also -- that unicorn is great; Cecilia hasn't seen it yet, but when she does she'll flip. :)

Dean Grey said...

Susan!

I love the "Avocado Leaves and Buds" painting.

Another wonderful close-up of nature in all its glory. I just adore the greens in this one!

-Dean

Gwen Bell said...

Love this! The bright yellow leaves against all that yummy green is delicious.

Your painting look so beautiful framed. Thanks for sharing that.

Oh, by the way will you adopt me? Your granddaughter is so lucky to have a grandma like you who creates so many happy memories and keepsakes for her!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Hazardgal, Ron, Martha, Tracey, Dean, and Gwen thank you for your comments! Now I'm lumping you all together which you do not deserve! And sure Gwen come on over, what's one more! Actually I'd put you to work--wouldn't get much painting done though. Tracey stay tuned I didn't get a moment to work on them this past weekend, but maybe the next?!

Jeff Mahorney said...

What a beautiful couple of paintings and so nicely framed. I can't say anything about them that I don't think about every single watercolor you make. I think, how does she do it? so amazing.

Roxanne Steed said...

beautiful framing on gorgeous work! it really sets it off!!