This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fingerless Gloves

I was accepted into the daily painters gallery! Check out the widget on my blog, the little window slide show of recent paintings from daily bloggers. I'm wearing it on my blog like a newly acquired scout badge. Now I'm official and I'm nervous, so I had trouble with today's painting. Somehow I missed an hour, and before I knew, it was time to go pick up my granddaughter. I think time moved too fast today!
These are my fingerless gloves made from hemp yarn. There was a time when I was knitting fingerless gloves for everybody, well not everybody, but I did make quite a few. They're good for a day like today, when it's cold and I'm working in my garage, but I still need to use my fingers. I have more than one pair.
Watercolor 7"x 7"
$120 matted / $160 matted & framed


For international or expedited shipping, please contact me prior to purchase.

8 comments:

Edward B. Gordon said...

wonderful work, and congratulations, welcome to the DP gallery !

all the very best

yours Edward

Susan Beauchemin said...

Thanks Edward, It feels good to be accepted, now I must go paint!---------------Sue

Tracey Miller said...

Congratulations, Sue! Of course, you totally deserve it.

(And thanks for the link, by the way!)

Love,
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Sue! You're amazing! Raising Patience with profound patience, and painting every day...a tremendous accomplishment!

Love you
Martha

Susan Beauchemin said...

Thanks you guys! Wish you could both come over for tea!----------------Love Sue

Anonymous said...

Grats Sue!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Thanks Damien!----Sue

Unknown said...

There is something so fitting about the timing of this piece, coinciding with your entrance into the daily painters gallery - I can't quite put my finger on it but it has something to do with the representation of the hands of the artist... I am amazed by your gift for portraying something you see every day, and bringing out the magic sleeping in the object so that we all can see and appreciate it!