This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Start of Another Basket

This is the time to collect pine needles--I've been picking up a small fistful each day I pass by the torrey pine trees in this area.  I'll let these green ones dry out before using them.

I'm using artificial sinew.  I bought the rolls online, I asked for a light and a darker color--I think the light one is a bit too yellow, but I have it now and I'm going to use it.  I'm not sure what my plans are for this basket--maybe round with a lid--simple and smaller than my others.  I'm still experimenting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Sue!!

Susan Beauchemin said...

It's coming out a little different than I thought, but I think that happens--each basket takes on its own character.