This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Reinforced Corner of Sail

I've always liked grommets or eyelets. I remember, after learning how to put an eyelet in fabric, everything I made there after had eyelets--covered buttons--that's another thing I made a lot of--no covered buttons on this sail--don't go looking for them. It always bothered me that women's clothes aren't made as strong or as well as men's. Often the seams are not reinforced--the fabric is thin or cheap--it won't last. Men's clothing are finished and strong with good cloth--I don't know how true this is today--I don't shop all that often, but it was true back when I was making my own clothes. I would reinforce all my seams---maybe this was a bit obsessive, because after doing all that work, I'd end up not wearing the thing or giving it away. I guess I'm drawn to reinforced things--strength--durability--this sail can hold up to the winds out at sea.
Watercolor 7"x 7"
$120 matted / $160 matted & framed


For international or expedited shipping, please contact me prior to purchase.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. It reminds me of an iridescent butterfly wing.

Susan Beauchemin said...

Hi Sheila, Huh! Thank you, I didn't think of a wing!

Gwen Bell said...

Love the soft abstract lines in this. The colors are gorgeous!

Dean Grey said...

I love the colors here.

Pastel: blues, yellows, pinks, and greens all flowing together beautifully.

-Dean