This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Baby Quilt

Here's why I needed to make this bias tape (which really isn't on the bias--doesn't need to be for straight edges)   While in Maui, I found a cool local store that sold everything including packs of Hawaiian cloth all cut into squares.

It's kind of bright for a baby's quilt, but my son and his wife went to Hawaii for their honeymoon, so it seemed fitting to use these squares for their baby.  I bought the orange material to piece it all together and for the backing.  This is only the second quilt I've ever made--I've never made a full sized quilt.  the first one was a baby quilt for my oldest daughter--she still has it.  That was about 35 years ago!

At the shower!

No comments: