This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!
Sunday, February 23, 2014
A Tough Framing Job
For some reason, my mat cutter wasn't working and at first just butchered my mat--I managed to cut the same mat board just a little larger--(to save that mat) I then framed, nailed in the backing, glued on the back paper--put in the hanging hardware--hung it and wasn't satisfied! Something was missing--I thought, "No--It's sealed and done!", but deep down, I knew I'd be taking it apart... Big gray roses is what it needed. So then I went a little overboard with my rose stamp, too many! and too dark--oh no! I rolled out some white ink and just rolled over the roses I wanted to subdue--it worked! I almost killed the painting and almost killed the mat--so it goes!