This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Black Feathers on Valentine's Day

I sewed wings for my granddaughter's costume.  It's dress rehearsal today--Valentine's day--She'll be doing a ribbon dance to the Beatles song, "Black Bird".

Finishing two projects to be ready today!

I remember reading somewhere that when Native Americans would dance, it was a bad sign if any little detail, a shell, a bead, a feather should fall off.  I couldn't help but think of this, while trying to attach these feathers;  knowing they'll become wings that will fly all over the stage.   Feathers are tricky!   I sewed through the spine, knotted and glued the beads, then double knotted each one onto a crocheted strand of eyelash yarn.  I feel pretty confident they'll stay on through the wildest dance moves!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: