This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bees on the Move!!

I feel pretty lucky to have this swam of bees gather in a tree right outside my door!  I stepped out and heard this loud, continuous buzz, I saw quite a few bees, but thought, no, the buzz is probably from machinery being used some where in the near distance, but no--how amazing!  My tree was buzzing, the bees were just starting to form this hanging mass!
Moments later, all was quiet--if I hadn't been outside while they were gathering, I never would have known they were there.  Somewhere in the middle being protected was the queen.  Now the scouts were looking for a new home.  About an hour or so later, I was dumping my compost and heard the buzz once again.  The bees were moving!  They flew pretty low--I ducked, but then ran to follow and saw them flying into the distance, holding together in an undulating shape--a bee bubble--they flew off toward a group of eucalyptus trees--where they all rose together and disappeared.  Wow--I saw this happen!

6 comments:

pachmarhi hotels said...

Thanks for wonderful article post. One of the best blog post I read in recent past. This post have great content. I can stand up and say superb! There is sufficient reason why you got more than thousand visitors to your article.

Susan Beauchemin said...

Ummm--thanks? I have a feeling your comment was meant for a full on article about bees and how they move, but somehow got attached to my blog--there are no one thousand or more visitors here.

martha miller said...

Incredible!!!!!

Susan Beauchemin said...

That it was!

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

Search Engine Marketing Company in india
Search Engine Optimization Company in india
Digital Marketing Company in india
Social Media Optimization Company in india
top web design companies
website design company
best website design companies
Website Design Companies
web development company india
web design company india

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

Deals
best deals
travel deals
Cheap Deals
laptop deals
tv deals
online deals
best buy deals
great deals
camera deals