Friday, October 21, 2011
We've had these dinning room chairs given to us close to twenty years ago. We've recovered the seats a handful of times, but looking at them, I realized they needed more than new seat covers! I have some very old paint--(in fact the cans started leaking from the bottoms from prying them open--what a mess!) First I sanded, just to rough up the wood, I primed them with some old white paint, then used some red and turquoise paint. (all three cans were leaking from their rusted bottoms)
I did use some spray paint--that was fun except when one can refused to stop spraying!! The material came from a former sewing student of mine, she contributed a fair amount to our class' cloth bin years ago, so thank you to her! They are kind of wild, but we like them.