This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Painted Rocks, and Paper Plates





Martha holding the start of her rock.

I didn't bring lots of art supplies with me on my trip back east. I've gone through a falling out of creating--or a shift from painting to home crafts?--sewing, baking--maybe not even that??--menopause, certainly--maybe I've been busy creating my new older self--through it all, a feeling of sadness, feeling unmotivated--feeling my body change. So it was so good to have my sister with me. In the morning at the breakfast picnic table on the porch, Martha started drawing, then painting on paper plates. Rocks were next, my granddaughter was overjoyed and joined right in. I, on the other hand watched for awhile then remembered a small white rock I had found...

1 comment:

martha miller said...

i have that painted rock in my bathroom now and it reminds of that fun time!!