This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"The Five Year Old Folder with Six Parts" nodp


OK, so now you know, I'm a geek at heart, if I actually want to make an accordion folder! I made this one to hold all my granddaughter's school work, book orders, letters, school pictures, art work... It was all getting out of hand way too quickly--this is still just the beginning of school!! It's heavy already! She told me what to write on the handle.

Today's revisited painting is 'Saturday', a very early collaboration--do you remember those!! Time in the blog world goes by fast!! I miss doing collaborations and will get back to them again!!

7 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Terrific! She has that really intense "Artist Concentration" on her face. Looks like you have a new Artist in the family. Love all the intricate work!

Sheila Vaughan said...

'Saturday' is a wonderful painting Susan. It's just so fresh and inviting. The accordian folder looks great but the kids have way too much stuff to cart around these days. My two grandkids in Belgium nearly need a wheelbarrow to school.

Susan Beauchemin said...

Hi Gwen--she is fun to watch!

----------------

Yes Sheila--a wheelbarrow!--you got that right!

martha miller said...

you're the best kind of geek! eek! i WANT one of these!!!

xoxoxo

Katie said...

Can you send me an outline or something Aunt Sue. I'm having the exact same dilema with Jude and Ethan's work. They each come home daily with at least 4 papers, and projects for Ethan (pre-K)! And I LOVE making things like this!

Loved all the pics of Michaela's wedding btw.

Dean Grey said...

Now I want a handmade accordian folder too, Susan!

-Dean

Susan Beauchemin said...

Oh Dear--I'll have to send out instructions!