This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fire Extinguisher II

I started this one on Thursday, but couldn't finish till today--lots going on. I want to thank all my faithful viewers for your comments and encouraging e-mails and for your purchases, your support keeps me going! I've been painting these almost daily paintings now for a little more than a year. It's been an interesting learning experience. I've learned more about myself than the actual painting process. The most important thing I've learned is that I can't paint every day. Even if I wasn't caring for my granddaughter, I'd still need days off. A balance is important. I've also learned that the computer can be very addictive. I've had to monitor my time spent in front of this screen. Also I wanted to add a bit about ego, but alas I have to go...I'll talk about ego another day.
Watercolor 7"x 7"
$120 matted / $160 matted & framed


For international or expedited shipping, please contact me prior to purchase.

2 comments:

Sylvia Jenstad said...

this is one very cool painting... love your compostion... your soft colours... really cool

martha miller said...

beautiful crisp detail, too! these close ups are like strange landscapes. NICE!
yeah, the computer can SUCK YOU IN! i've figured that out, too. it's definitely important to have a balance. hard to do sometimes!look forward to hearing about EGO. as artists who are isolated quite alot of the time, we need feedback and encouragement from each other. when does that cross the line into feeding the ego?