This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scruffy Bee

This bee was found inside the car. It must have been in there a while, it was very weak and scruffy looking. I thought it was dying. It hung onto an old paper towel in the same spot for a long time--even when taken outside. Little by little it started looking better. Then the bee started cleaning itself, it got fluffed up, its eyes even glistened. Suddenly it flew off, which surprised me because one small wing was missing from one side. I watched its flight path--very straight! What a recovery!
I haven't posted for awhile, my granddaughter had a long weekend off from preschool, plus she caught a slight fever. Soon her preschool will be out for the summer break. I'm not sure how I'll be able to paint. I'll try to work something out. Her school may not reopen! I'm having to think about and fill out applications for other options. I'm so enjoying having this window of time to paint! I hope to continue.
Watercolor, 7"x 7"
SOLD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an excellent job of capturing the bee in a moment where it appears he could really be truly withering away.

Susan Beauchemin said...

Oh thanks! I thought perhaps I was going to watch him die as I painted him, but no!