This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Old Doll

This doll was given to my daughter many years ago. It was old then. My daughter gave it to her sister who brought it over to a friend's house and left it there. There it stayed for many years. A few days ago the friend brought over this doll and two others that had also been left behind. She said she'd been meaning to return them. She's moved five times and kept the dolls through all this time. I'm amazed to see them again. My granddaughter is thrilled. Here's the oldest of the three.
Watercolor 7"x 7"
$120 matted / $160 matted & framed


For international or expedited shipping, please contact me prior to purchase.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a trip to see my old doll after all these years. It makes me almost want to look up Robin's mom to show her this painting since i think it might have been hers before i ever got my hands on it. Truthfully as a kid i didn't like it much because of it's pasty white skin and you must admit it's a little scary looking. I much preferred playing with aj's newer ones. i think that is why i gave it to her--plus i thought i was too old to play with dolls. Now it would go great in my creepy doll collection. I see you attached the leg for the picture. Do you remember if the boy doll was supposed to be oliver twist--for some reason i thought that is who he was based off of? I might want to buy this painting --let me see how much i get back on my tax return and then I'll let you know. peace in the middle east
Mickey B

Susan Beauchemin said...

The doll came back with both legs on. Yes the boy doll is Oliver Twist, but he looks like a girl doll with the hair cut short. I've seen creepier dolls than this one, but her hair is pretty ratty. Love you---------Mom