This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Eucalyptus Leaves II

Eucalyptus leaves are strange. On a baby tree, or on a realitively new branch of an older tree, the leaves will be fatter, rounder. You can have two different looking leaves on the same tree. These are the rounder leaves, they come even rounder than this from a sapling---maybe I'll find some for tomorrow--maybe not.
Watercolor, 7"x 7"
SOLD

4 comments:

ria said...

this is very beautiful Susan!

indiaartist said...

This is beautiful. I didn't know eucalyptus has round leaves too. I often saw the longish pointed ones.
Good job with watercolors.

martha miller said...

Oh Sue Z Q

As Lis would say, "You do know all the things of watercolors!"

They keep getting stronger and more beautiful!
xox
M

Susan Beauchemin said...

Thank you Ria. I love your painting of the clouds in your coffee!

To Indiaartist, I may have wrongly named those leaves!! I know eucalyptus leaves do have rounder leaves, but I was looking at the tree they came from and now I'm uncertain. If I find out, I'll change the title and turn a little red, which thankfully no one will see.

Hi Martha, Thanks, Always good to see your face even if it's just a little picture--glad to hear that Lis is better!---------Sue