This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Rapunzel, after Gordon Laite

Do you remember this illustration? "Rapunzel is mine!" she screamed. "You shall die for trying to steal her!" The prince leapt from the window. He fell into a thorn bush and was blinded.
When I looked at this picture long ago, because you can see the whites of his eyes, I thought he was blind! Now I realize he hasn't fallen into the thorn bush yet. I painted this very close to how it looks in the book. If you're out there, Gordon Laite, I hope you don't mind, and thank you! I just love these illustrations--they are a part of my childhood and so are a part of me.
Watercolor 6"x 6"
$120 matted / $160 matted & framed


For international or expedited shipping, please contact me prior to purchase.

No comments: