This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

BATS!

I have to share these videos of the bats flying out of my garage roof. someday I'll get out early enough to film them going back in!--which is pretty exciting! Both of these videos were taken same evening back to back, so we have a lot of bats--even more came out after this. My husband was trying to take a picture and you can see his flash going off, which is interesting because it lit up for just a split second the bats as they were flying past.


And more...

3 comments:

martha miller said...

Holy Roof Raising, Batman!

StilinStudio said...

WOW - AWESOME!!!!! Were you surprised there were so many? Great idea to videotape them - I love that you can hear their squeeky chirps as they fly by.

Susan Beauchemin said...

I wasn't surprised, I've watched them many a time, but it's always a thrill to see them pouring out like black water. On a hot day they'll make lots of noise during the day--shuffling about, getting ready for the evening exodus.