This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Children's Crafts Fair 2014

Once again--time for the Children's Crafts Fair, put on by the Los Osos Library--it's free for the kids to set up their tables and they can keep any money they made--a very great idea!  This is our fifth year--you can see our past years, here--here--here and here.  This year, my granddaughter and her friend made the crafts.  I've often posted about how I tend to help out a little too much--so much so, that the crafts turn into my creations flavored with the artistic designs of my granddaughter, but I have to say, this year I only helped with some exacto knife cutting, putting O-rings on the charms, and helping with the table and display--not bad for me!!

They sold all these pressed flowers...

People could make their own charm bracelets...

with Shrinky Dink charms!

We sold some left over items from last year's booth,

I bought a pair of round needle nose pliers--my granddaughter learned how to make nice round little loops for making her earrings--I did have to help her by twisting the wire around pretty tightly and clipping close with the precision wire clippers, that I also bought--(I like crafting tools!!), But that's all I did---really!

She and her friend got together numerous times to make batch after batch of play-dough--we came home with just a handful of these left.

Because I really took a back seat this year, I could tell that she and her friend felt a greater sense of accomplishment, pride in their work and had lots of fun--plus they made some pocket money!  Then there's  the mad dash of trading toward the end, which is fun to watch!

No comments: