This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Chairs Transformed!


We've had these dinning room chairs given to us close to twenty years ago. We've recovered the seats a handful of times, but looking at them, I realized they needed more than new seat covers! I have some very old paint--(in fact the cans started leaking from the bottoms from prying them open--what a mess!) First I sanded, just to rough up the wood, I primed them with some old white paint, then used some red and turquoise paint. (all three cans were leaking from their rusted bottoms)






I did use some spray paint--that was fun except when one can refused to stop spraying!! The material came from a former sewing student of mine, she contributed a fair amount to our class' cloth bin years ago, so thank you to her! They are kind of wild, but we like them.

3 comments:

michaela said...

funny--these chairs would match the table i painted for the birdo in high school. Thats probably because they were the same cans of paint from 15 years ago when i used them :) Looken good--can't wait to sit on them at christmas

Susan Beauchemin said...

They do match that table and yes same paint!! I still have some left over--I think a few other things will eventually match as well. You'll see them all at Christmas!

Chris Beck said...

I so enjoy seeing your creativity at play/work!! These chairs are great in their new colors!!