This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Shops and Shopping in Mexico

I bought a piece of jewelry at this table, so I felt I could ask to take this picture, otherwise I didn't feel entirely free to take pictures. I don't often feel comfortable taking pictures in public even here in the states, so in Mexico, I didn't know if I was being incredibly rude--I did risk it though...

Dog hot and tired--he didn't move as people walked past for a few hot hours in the afternoon.


This is inside a large supermarket--it really felt risky taking this photo, I felt like a health inspector, but I was amazed to see these big balls of dough sitting out in the open--probably waiting to be made into fresh tortillas--could be a large tortilla press to the right.

2 comments:

michaela said...

i found it amazing that the dough was touching the wall. Thats probably where we got our cold :)

Susan Beauchemin said...

Maybe!--I didn't think of that, but we did buy our tortillas there!