This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Similarities

Photo by Dorothea Lange

These are photos from the book, To a Cabin, by Dorothea Lange and Margaretta K. Mitchell along with some similar pictures I recently took at the Steep Ravine Cabins...


Photo by Margaretta K Mitchell

Photo by Margaretta K Mitchell ( This reminds me of my series of paintings of ropes or knots)

Photo by Dorothea Lange


Photo by Dorothea Lange (looks like they were there for the summer season--notice there was a sink inside back then!)


Photo by Margaretta K Mitchell


Photo of Dorothea Lange, photographer unknown

I'm not trying to compare myself to Dorothea Lange or Margaretta K Mitchell, well... maybe I am, but not as a photographer, no--I'm just noticing the similarities of the subject matter. I suppose any one with a camera while staying at the cabins would have many similar pictures-- that would make an interesting show!

5 comments:

michaela said...

I see similarities in the fact you both enjoy(ed) living really simply. And i feel thats kida what the cabins are all about.

michaela said...

n--left that out

Susan Beauchemin said...

Yes you're right Michaela--Living really simple--I love it!
Mombo

martha miller said...

What a great place!!! Oh, and your photos are just as beautiful!!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Why thank you Martha-those black and white ones are so striking!