This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentines for the Classroom


We did it! My granddaughter and I made all 22 valentines last night--I loved how we worked together--she stuck with it and wrote every single message on the pink hearts and wrote her name on the backs. She helped fold the doilies, stuffed them with the pink heart and a candy. Then we both sewed them closed with a length of red yarn.


While making these, she said how much she liked them, but then later said she's going to be embarrassed by these, because all the other kids will have the great little store bought ones with sparkles and colors.

I think homemade things are special, but that might not be the way of it for most people?--I forget that, and then I think I'm causing my granddaughter more embarrassment!--but she's right there beside me, making these and having fun--I don't think these homemade valentines will traumatize her too much?--geez!

6 comments:

martha miller said...

no more than my kids were traumatized by the homemade bread in their lunchboxes...


word V:

uncoil - they'll love uncoiling those heartstrings!

Susan Beauchemin said...

right! She doesn't like my home made bread!

word V: nopeebe - Nopeebe and J on homemade bread please!

michaela said...

I hated homemade clothes when i was her age since everyone had store bought clothes with the latest pictures of what was teeny bobby trendy (i think it was new kids on the block at the time). And you got to admit--homemade cabbage patch dolls never cut it. Although i want my fixed up and i want to keep it now :) Now i love your homemade stuff but i do understand what patience is saying.

Susan Beauchemin said...

Yes, Yes--I do understand too, but I will carry on with my home made things, none the less! Love you Michaela!

Katie Lott said...

Ethan really liked them, and said that we should make some. So there you have it from one kindergartener.

Susan Beauchemin said...

Hi Katie, It's good to know Ethan likes these--I hope he does make them! Good to hear from you!