This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Wake Up!


My granddaughter wakes up wanting to play! "Make the kids talk" she'll say. The kids are about either 48 or 55 imaginary children--some have names like, 'Tree Up-Tree Up', (he likes to climb trees). 'Bad Up-Bad Up' (is always going to the principal's office). 'Asthma Up-Asthma Up', (has a hard time breathing and needs a certain amount of medication), there are more. On this particular morning she brought a few animals into my bed, "make the animals talk", well, they said a few things--grumbled a little--I think they were all hungry for breakfast. One of the animals asked my granddaughter to go get gramma's camera, which she did, only because the request came from an animal--(See these games can come in handy!); I just had to catch the morning light--hadn't even gotten out of bed yet.

Also you may notice the awesome portrait on the wall. Check out some other great portraits and think about having yours done by my sister, Martha Miller!

4 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Adorable!!

LOL at "Asthma-Up Asthma-Up"

-Dean

Susan Beauchemin said...

She comes up with some funny names. She keeps us laughing!

martha miller said...

(Shameless sister promotion! Thanks!)
I don't know how you do it every day, Gramma!!!! You are a Saint.

Susan Beauchemin said...

I just make the kids talk--that's how I do it, but I feel, especially in public, that I'm losing my mind!
Ha--I should put one of your portraits in the background of every picture I take!