This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blood Oranges

We went picking blood oranges, and other citrus on a friend's orchard-----I'm hooked on blood oranges---so good! I'm even trying to grow a small blood orange tree--it's doing pretty good after a slow start.

We hopped the fence--forgot the gate's combo, and hiked up the steep road--out of breath!

The leaf points to the owner's house--what a place!

Avocados too!

Lemons high above your head!

Wow! The trees were laden with fruit!

It was a warm day--we hauled our bags of fruit to the car--great day for picking!

6 comments:

martha miller said...

you live on another planet entirely from me...

Melissa Mead said...

I LOVE the planet you live on Susan! Where inspiration and joy and love abound! Martha...I Adore your planet just as much! So...So...amazing and breath taking. The soul sees more clearly than the eye!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Hi Martha and Melissa--we all three live in such different places--thanks for the comments!

Dean Grey said...

Amazing Susan!

Your everyday, slice-of-life photos are so clear and sharp looking. What kind of camera do you use?

-Dean

Susan Beauchemin said...

Hi Dean, I have a Canon Power Shot A540 with 6.0 mega pixels--thanks to my daughter and son-in-law. It was a christmas present a few years ago and I've used it just about everyday since I got it!!

Dean Grey said...

Susan!

I have a Canon Power Shot too! But mine is lower in megapixels.

Again, beautiful photos!

-Dean