This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Moms to Daughters



I held up my letter to my mother and liked the two sheets together with the light shining through. I don't care if you can read some or part of it--I can tell you right now I was writing about the book that Rose Wilder Lane wrote. (she's Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter and of course Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote the Little House on the Prairie books. )
My mom will have to have someone read the letter to her. If she were to try, it would make no sense, just marks on the page, like the first picture.
I've been looking at the bud vase my granddaughter created. It's grown on me!---pretty sweet!--she made this for her mom.

5 comments:

martha miller said...

Mom loves getting your letters! (as do I! Hey, I mailed you a real letter a few days ago! Keep yer eyes peeled...)

Susan Beauchemin said...

Oh boy! A real letter!

Dean Grey said...

Susan!

I think you holding up your letter against your mother's is terribly sweet.

A beautiful image for sure.

-Dean

Susan Beauchemin said...

Hi Dean, I'm holding my own letter together, but I like your idea better--maybe I could find some old writings of my moms'!

erin said...

hi i found this site looking for semi-transparent paper material for a school project. I love the site, by the way, but i am also curious about what kind of paper was used? thanks a bunch!