This blog started with small daily paintings then changed to a more personal sharing of projects, events and photos. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Working on Natal Wheels, nodp



As I'm working on a few natal wheels ( a commission), I'm posting through dailypainters.com some of my old paintings. I'm going back to the very first ones when I started painting daily. Today I posted: Ceramic Bird, Cloth Pouch and Feathers.

I'll be painting again, but it looks like I'll need a good chunk of time to finish a few projects and time is precious since today might be my granddaughter's last day of preschool before she starts Kindergarten! in August. You can still purchase paintings if you are so inclined. I'll be checking in, posting pictures and such...



We have a huge chess board here in Morro Bay--I couldn't resist playing around with the light and color.

4 comments:

martha miller said...

those wheels are so beautiful and they look quite labor intensive! and i sure recognize that wooden puppet!

Susan Beauchemin said...

The wheels do take some time--the puppet is saying yay! that I was working on them!

Dean Grey said...

The natal wheels look super cool, Susan!

Very intricate. As Martha pointed out, it must be taking a while to complete them.

I LOVE seeing that giant-sized chess board! Do people actually play chess with those giant pieces or is it just for show?

-Dean

Susan Beauchemin said...

Yes, some do play chess with the large set, but it does cost about $30.00, so the regulars sit at the adjacent chess tables to play.
Those natal wheels do take some time--I've got to get back to them!